|DMC non-payment fallout begins...
||[Feb. 23rd, 2008|11:23 am]
Wayne State University
- WSU medical school expects layoffs
- Wayne State University's School of Medicine will lay off staff and reduce services as it awaits resolution of a $12-million dispute over physician pay with the Detroit Medical Center.
- WSU gives DMC a week to settle $12 million payment dispute
- DMC has until next Feb. 29 to respond to the six-point proposal, or WSU may take steps that could include suing for breach of contract
- WSU-DMC disputes are costly
- Mediator gets more than $200,000 in fees as the business relationship between Detroit's two most important health partners continues to seriously erode